Blog carnivals are a great way to grow the audience for your own blog. The premise is simple: submit links to your best blog posts on a particular topic to a blog carnival hosted on another blog and your posts will, in theory, be read along with all of the other submissions made to that particular blog carnival. If readers like what you’ve written they’ll keep coming back to your blog.
Blog carnivals used to be much more common and it’s too bad that there aren’t more of them running now. Below I have listed information about two blog carnivals that are still in operation. I’d encourage you to not only submit to them but also to take the time to read an issue or two.
- This carnival runs weekly and is published on Mondays.
- Submissions made by Friday will be included in the carnival the following Monday.
- Submission categories include: Book Marketing, Book Publicity, Social Media, Writing, Book Sales, Self-Publishing, and Getting Published.
- This carnival runs once a month and is published on the last Sunday of the month.
- The submission deadline is the 15th of the month.
- Submission categories include: Indie Author, Writing Tools & Tips, Book Design & Production, Marketing & Selling Your Books, EBooks and EBook Readers, and Self-Publishing Success.
Do you know of any other self-publishing or writing related blog carnivals that I could add to this list? If so, let me know in the comments.
Photo credit: Pixabay