Characters are an important part of any novel, sometimes THE important part depending on whether your story is character or plot driven.
In recent months I’ve written a few posts about developing characters for your novel, namely:
- Writing Mystery and Suspense Fiction: Can You Ever Really Know a Person?
- Bloodline: Multi-dimensional Characters That Take the Prize
- Do Your Characters Pass the Test?
- 4 Great Resources to Help You Name Your Characters
- Do You Know Your Characters’ Backstories and Family Histories?
In my opinion, it’s important to know everything about your characters when you begin a writing project. (If you disagree and like to develop your characters as you go, please let me know in the comments. I’d be interested in your perspective.) And, today, I thought I’d share some great examples of character sketches that we found over the weekend.
Continue reading “Creating Detailed Character Profiles”